Thursday, October 1, 2009

Stop The Press - The Hook, Fall 2009 Issue

First of all, my apologies for being so lax with the blog. Its been a crazy summer with lots of forces pulling me in very different directions. Most important of those forces was my father being in the hospital. Family has to take priority and I hope you, my friends and fans, understand. I am very happy to report he is home and so I am digging myself out of quite the backlog!

I do have some good news on the aviation photography front. First is the news that my image of Gypsy 206 grabbing the wire on USS Truman has been selected for the cover of The Hook magazine's Fall 2009 issue. Many of you know how I feel about the Tailhook Association so this is a great honor for me. This is also my second cover for them.

Second, Denny Irelan, editor of The Hook, has also asked if the image could be used at the USS Midway Museum in San Diego where he is also a docent (tour guide and lecturer) . The image is to be used in lectures to visitors on how carrier arrested landings work. I of course gave my permission. Talk about a double whammy! . My thanks to Denny, Jan and the crews at Tailhook and Midway. I can't think of a higher honor than to help educate the public on Naval Aviation through my photography.

On a separate note, many of you know I went to Mexico City for COMFOT, a photography trade show similar to PMA, with the Nikon team. I hope to have some images from my trip loaded up here and on my flickr account in a short time. I am also working on a couple of articles so keep checking back from time to time or subscribe to my updates.

Thanks again for stopping by and all the best!

Fuji Out

2 comments:

  1. Just found your website via Moose Peterson. great work, love this shot. I look forward to reading more about your photography experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joel! I promise to do a better job of keeping it up to date!

    ReplyDelete