Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Stop The Press - FAOW # 137




Back in November I was contacted by the editor of Tokyo, Japan based Bunrindo Publishing Co.'s Famous Aircraft of the World. He'd spotted my work on Flickr and asked for my help in their new publication on the S-3.

Luckily, I have been shooting the S-3s for over 10 years and had quite the library on the jet. Pulling images from slides and digital, I was able to give them a diverse selection to work with.

It seems to have paid off as I received my copies of FAOW #137 today and found that they used a total of 56 images. The first 9 pages are totally devoted to my work, 24 images total, including this image for the title page.



This is quite the honor. Especially considering that Bunrindo's publications, Koku Fan and FAOW, where a big source of inspiration when I was younger.

I am honored to have been asked to be a part of this project and hope its just the beginning of a working relationship with this company. My thanks to the editors for the opportunity.

www.1999.co.jp/eng/10107679

www.hlj.com/product/BUNFA137

No comments:

Post a Comment